Most homes have a garage at the front of the house, facing the road. This provides ease of maneuvering cars in and out; however, if your garage door is not appealing, it can have a negative impact on the aesthetics of your home. Regardless of where the garage door on your home is situated, you still want to select the best style for enhancing curb appeal.
Garage doors come in a variety of colours, materials, and styles. Here are a few that are particularly popular right now:
- Basic roll up panels
- Carriage doors
- Contemporary, steel panels
- Wooden doors
Choosing the best garage doors for your home will require a little bit of work, but here are some ideas of how to determine what you want.
- Are there regulations in your neighbourhood to keep the homes looking unified? Are there required specifications based on your local climate?
- Spend some time looking at other homes in person and online.
- Decide what styles and functionalities you prefer. Do you like garage windows? Do you need a door that opens out or slides open, instead of rolling up? Do you have certain weather conditions specific to your area that may play a role in what you choose?
- Work with a professional to determine what style, colour, and material options they have available, and select the one that works best for your home.
Have the garage door installed professionally, and enjoy the beauty it brings to your home.